Friday, September 17, 2010

Wait in line? Self check-out, please.

Pristeen is a God-given group - not merely God-inspired. I was driving one afternoon and God began talking to me. The thoughts and ideas were coming so fast I couldn't get pulled over and write them down fast enough. (that's why I have a boat-load of notebooks in my purse and car -fyi) God told me every color, every syllable, the tag line, the scripture, the flowers, the purpose.....EVERYTHING. Nothing about "Pristeen" is Pamela or Cassie except for our support. God works like that.

So many times we are focused on our "purpose" in this big world, we can't see the forest for the trees. As children we have super huge expectations. Because our parents love us so much and tend to spoil us, we can feel as if the world really does revolve around us. As we get older, it's a tough cruel world and you ain't as great as you think you is.... feel me? Or maybe it was just me? Am I alone here? Can I get an amen?

Of course, I always knew Geoff would be a preacher. He used to preach to his little dog "chokey mook" (he couldn't say chocolate milk). He couldn't have been older than 2 or 3. Imagine that.

Imagine having that divine purpose - always. You do. You just may not know what it is yet. He just happened to have recognized his earlier, I think.

Me, well, God gave me lots of skills and talents not unlike some of those He gave Geoff except He led me to them thru different paths and at a slower pace cause I was a knucklehead. These paths have allowed for knowlege and compassion for people who can't be reached using traditional tactics. One is no better than the other - just different. (ok - i'm better but don't tell Geoff. He still believes Duke is a great basketball team, too.) God needs us all to fulfill HIS purpose - not ours.

That's pretty rough stuff. God with His sense of humor also gave us freewill. It's like having a tug o war contest with yourself all the time. Nothing easy about the journey of being a Christian. If you ask me, anyone can NOT choose Christ. That's the easy way out. That's the easy self-checkout. It's not all hard or boring, though. That's another reason Cassie and I really want to mentor you guys so you can see from our lives (before and after - good and bad, with make-up and without). You don't have to wait until you're 23 to fulfill God's purpose and plan. You don't have to wait until you graduate from Carson Newman. You don't have to wait... That's the amazing thing. In this world where no one wants to wait for anything - thats the one thing no one wants to jump on early. Go figure!!!!

I read today "The point is that life cannot be reduced to one meaning. Life as God intended it is rich with many meanings - plural. And while some people may discover the overarching purpose of their lives (Billy Graham - Geoff Prows) BE CONTENT by realizing that simply because you are a child of God, your life has profound meaning and a myriad of purposes. "

It goes back to yesterday's post. You never know where and when God will use you but He will and He will always provide you with the ability to be used. You may help someone who dropped their books in the hall and before people start to snicker, you jump in and help - showing compassion.

You may just smile at the lunch lady while going thru line not knowing where your smile will go and who will receive that same smile from her and help them - all because you chose to show God's love and kindness.

I know...blah...blah....blah....so that's enough for today. I love you girls. I pray you give God another day to show you His plan for you - even if it's just one smile at a time. Jeremiah 29:11 - read it, learn it, know it, live it....HINT!!!!

From the HCSB "   'For I know the plans I have for you' - this is the Lord's declaration - 'plans for your welfare, not for your disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' (going a bit further) 'You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you.' This is the Lord's declaration."




Peace!
Pamela and Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment